Skip to main content

Hello,

Objective:

have both tvs playing the same content from the splitter and only having sound come out if the main tv with Sonos arc connected. 

setup:

-hdmi  splitter connected to 2 Samsung TVs on output input is from media box (shield)

-main tv has sonos arc soundbar connected to TV’s earc input. 

problem:

-with current setup the sources on the main tv with the Sonos arc keeps switching on its own

-sound switching between tv speaker and receiver (Sonos arc) on tv sound output 

-sometimes when switching back the source on the main tv the second tv that it’s split to switches sources on its own.  

——- 

I don’t need cec control, simply want both to mirror on both TVs but have sound come out on main tv Sonos arc without switching sound output from tv speaker and Sonos arc and without switching tv sources on it down. 

thanks in advance 

problem:

-with current setup the sources on the main tv with the Sonos arc keeps switching on its own

-sound switching between tv speaker and receiver (Sonos arc) on tv sound output 

-sometimes when switching back the source on the main tv the second tv that it’s split to switches sources on its own.  

I have a similar setup.  Shield is pretty much my only source, and I run that through an HDMI spliter.  Side A goes to an HD Fury Arcana, which is connected to a Samsung TV and Arc separately.  For this reason, I don’t run into your first 2 problems.  I don’t think you need an Arcana to solve that problem, but I’m just explaining how I avoid that problem.  Do you other sources besides your Shield connected to the main TV?  If so you may want to switch out your splitter for an HDMI matrix, or use a switch then spltter, so that everything comes to the main TV via a single input.

Switching to TV sound instead of Arc...I don’t have any advice for.

As far as the issue with the 2nd TV (side B off the splitter) I had a similar problem as the TV would always want to startup with it’s smart apps rather than an input.  My 2nd TV happend to be around 20 inches, and since I didn’t need audio either, I realized a computer monitor was a better fit for my needs. No smart apps, no audio, just places the single input when it senses a source.  Not sure if that’s similar to your situation.

I vote for the HDMI splitter and one or two CEC blockers. You may be able to skip the blockers and disable ANYNET on the second TV. Disabling ANYNET on the primary TV will probably interfere with rendering some sourround modes.

Thank you to you both. Will try that. Never knew there was cec blockers. So far I ended up having a bit of success by putting the hdmi cables coming out of the splitter into the same input on both Samsung TVs. That’s resolved the random input changes. Now to fix the audio. I think what you both mentioned will help. 

Thanks folks. Getting a cec blocker for the second tv did the trick.  It allowed me to use cec for other inputs that weren’t being split too including volume and power control.