Answered

Ultimate Immersive Set with Arc in uneven room

• 17 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Was thinking about buying the Ultimate Immersive Set with Arc as I’m amazed with it’s sound, but my room configuration would mean that my left wall would much further away that the right wall, like 4m to the left from the rear left speaker and 80cm-1m for my right speaker.

Would this cause a major drama in atmos effects etc?

I’m assuming it’d be a major problem, but is Sonos smart enough to cope? Oh, and also the ceiling is 3.5 meters high.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 October 2023, 10:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @poweredbyporkers 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You can set the distance each surround speaker is from the listening position in the settings, which will not only affect the volume each speakers plays at, but also the exact moment at which sound will be played from each.

In addition, and if you have a compatible iPhone or iPad, you can perform TruePlay Tuning which will dial things in even more accurately.

Having higher ceilings may mean that you will need more space between you and the Arc to get the best effect, though the Era 300s included in the set will improve matters for you in regards to the vertical effects.

In addition, you have 100 days to decide if you are happy with the system or not - if not, you can return the system (we’ll pay the shipping costs) for a full refund.

I hope this helps.