Skip to main content

It should be possible to use TWO sub minis in a home theater system, but unfortunately it is not!

Why should it be possible? The information states quite clearly that it’s not possible. Do you mean “I want to…”? 

Yes. I posted this as a statement of frustration and I should have asked the question. I’d assumed I’d be able to do this. Fortunately the sub mini is quite capable. Here is hoping Sonos will update the software to allow for two sub minis in a home theater setup.

I seem to think the thoughts around this in the community, at the time that the Sub-Mini was first released, were that users would likely use a Sub (Gen-3) instead of two Sub-Mini’s, but I agree with the suggestion of being able to use two Mini’s - it seems sensible to get another Sub-Mini once you have purchased one already.

My own thoughts are this might happen when Sonos maybe go onto release a Sub Mini (Gen 2) - that’s assuming they go onto do that in the next couple of years, or so. 

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what Sonos decide to do here, but it has been mentioned a few times in the past, but not so much recently.

I have shared walls, and for me, having two subs in different parts of the room is much better than having one larger sub. I am quite pleased with the sub mini and hope that Sonos makes this simple change soon.

Why should there be an option for two large subs, but not an option for two smaller subs?

Make it make sense.

I have shared walls, and for me, having two subs in different parts of the room is much better than having one larger sub. I am quite pleased with the sub mini and hope that Sonos makes this simple change soon.

Why should there be an option for two large subs, but not an option for two smaller subs?

Make it make sense.

There wasn’t two large Subs initially that could be used - it was only added when the Sub (Gen 3) was launched and it’s still the case that a Sub (Gen 3) must be included now and it only works with some Sonos Home Theatre products - so that's why I think we might ‘perhaps’ see a similar thing happen with a Sub-Mini (Gen 2) - but clearly that’s just a bit of a guess on my part.

I’m in the same boat, frustratingly I’d like to add a second Sub Mini to my setup; not buy the larger Sub -  it’s more about bass balance in a room, not just sheer output. SONOS seem to enjoy limiting functionality and frustrate their more enthusiastic customers …