Skip to main content
Answered

TV Audio Dropping : Beam from Hisense U7G

• 16 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Every few minutes the audio cuts out.  I’m streaming using various apps built into the Hisense TV.  Seems to happen consistently no matter the app.  Connected via HDMI using the eArc port on the TV. 

I ran the submit diagnostics thing.  Confirmation number 1907441099 but the last audio drop was probably 20 mins ago.  I can do again closer to the drop if needed.  Hopefully can get some help.  Thanks.

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV other than the Beam? Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Beam? If you disable eARC on the TV, does the audio still drop out? Is Digital Audio Out set to Pass Through on the TV?

Thanks for the quick response.

Nothing else connected to the Beam.  Yes I’m using the HDMI cable that came with the Beam.  Haven’t tried disabling eArc on the TV but suppose I can do.  Honestly not quite sure what that even means!

Under the Sound settings on your TV, there should be an eARC option. Turn this off.

If you have a Beam (Gen 1), set the Digital Audio Out setting on the TV to Pass Through or Dolby Digital.

Thanks.  I’ve turned off eArc.  I have a Gen 2 Beam.     I have the digital audio out to Dolby Digital.  I’ll see if I still get drops.  

What effect (except maybe fixing my drops) does turning eArc off on the TV have?

If you have a Beam Gen 2, set Digital Audio Out to Dolby Digital Plus or Pass Through.

With eARC disabled, you might lose the ability to get Dolby Atmos audio. But since you are just using the TV’s native apps and not an external media device like an Apple TV or Blu-ray player, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Hi @SargeCP 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this problem? In ~95% of cases, all you need to do is unplug your TV from power for a minute or so.

I hope this helps.