Answered

TV audio dropouts with Arc and Samsung Frame TV

• 29 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi there,

Just set up arc with 2020 samsung frame tv. Every now and then sound goes in and out. It is resolved by unplugging the arc. I know this has been an issue in the past BUT has there been any real fixes?? Samsung is blaming sonos and sonos is blaming samsung(go figure.) Anyway hoping someone has an answer.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 February 2021, 12:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @johnt74, If you have other questions about your Sonos products, feel free to reach out. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos Arc and Samsung TV. What is the Model of your Samsung TV? Are there any pending firmware updates on the TV that you can install? It would also help if I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon,

The model number of my TV is QN75LS03TAFXZA. I spoke to someone at sonos a few weeks ago that knows about this issue and I was told it’s on Samsung. My TV is up to date version 1403. The remedy is to unplug the arc wait 10 seconds and plug back in. Again I know this has been an issue in the past just have to figure out what needs to be returned the Arc or the TV.

Thanks for any help

John Tumminia

Same thing started happening yesterday on my samsung tv QN65Q80TAFZA. Sonos was just installed a few weeks ago. Changed from wireless to hard wired with no improvements. The unplug tricked work for temp solution. Will be returning if it keeps happening.

The most frustrating part is the blame game between the two companies. Sonos at least acknowledges the problem, samsung claim it is not an issue that has come up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @johnt74 

There is a larger thread discussing this at 

Hopefully this will help.