TV and Speaker Setup - Great Room

• 30 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi Sonos Community

we have a great room setup - kitchen on one side that faces the TV in living room.

i have new Arc soundbar and sub (gen 3) hooked up to the TV. all works well.  bought 2 ERA 100 speakers last week to place in kitchen to fill in the sound when watching TV or cooking in the kitchen.

first setup i did was add the ERA 100s to the “Living Room/TV” with the Arc and Sub configuration under “System”. the app defaulted to “surround” speaker setup for the ERA 100s. it connected fine but being surround sound setup it only played music or sounds effects from the TV??….no voices or people talking.  not the setup i wanted.

so i removed the ERA 100s from the “Living Room/TV” config and created a new config called “Kitchen”.  ERA speakers work fine and i can add them to the “Living Room/TV” config so they play the TV sound including voices or play music on them while TV on.

my questions:

~  when i turn on the TV the Arc and Sub play sound from the TV however the ERA 100s in kitchen do not. i have to go into app and select them to play TV sound.  is there a better setup so i do not have to do this manually every time turning on TV?  want to turn on TV and have all speakers working together.

open to any suggestions to get my speakers setup and configured correctly.

thanks and stay hydrated

Jason

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Goto Settings/System/[Arc Room Name]’ and disable the feature "ungroup on autoplay” and the two rooms will then remain grouped.

Userlevel 7

There is no way to keep them grouped all of the time. Disabling the Ungroup on Autoplay feature in the Sonos app will keep them grouped for a longer period though.

When they become ungrouped, I suggest using Sonos Voice Control to group them. While the TV audio is playing out of the Arc, say “Hey Sonos, add Kitchen.”

Another option… if you use an iOS device, use the Soro app in conjunction with Apple’s Shortcuts and create a shortcut to group the speakers by a simple tap on the phone or by asking Siri.

https://apps.apple.com/in/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

appreciate you both for taking the time to provide some feedback. i will try your solutions.   thank you very much and have a great day

I am having the same issue. I followed Ken’s advice but do not see "ungroup on autoplay” as a feature or listed either in my [Arc room name] or anywhere in Settings. Any advice?

Userlevel 7

I am having the same issue. I followed Ken’s advice but do not see "ungroup on autoplay” as a feature or listed either in my [Arc room name] or anywhere in Settings. Any advice?

Go to Settings > System and choose the room associated with the Arc. Scroll down to the Home Theater section.

Yep, maybe this will perhaps help too…