Answered

turning off a room

• 6 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I have the beam 2 for a soundbar in my bedroom. I just bought 2 one sl for rear l-r speakers. I want to move the two speakers into the kitchen while I cook, without the beam playing in the bedroom.

How do I play music in the kitchen without the beam bedroom playing music?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 6 November 2022, 09:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You would need to unbond them from the Beam, so that they can operate either as separate Sonos rooms, or as a stereo pair.

Easiest way is to perhaps get another pair of Sonos speakers for the Kitchen - saves all that to-ing and fro-ing

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sonos does not do this well. As you can see in the Sonos app, all speakers are in a “room” in Sonos. If you want to use the speakers elsewhere and not have the Beam playing you need to set them up as a separate stereo pair, as explained above. This is a chore, caused by the very different way surrounds are bonded to the Sonos system, compared to them beying in separate “rooms”. You will also need to do Trueplay again after every change.