Skip to main content

Came back from vacation and started having problems with my Arc.  Plugged into the return HDMI on the TV.  However, the sound only works if I unplug the Sonos before watching TV.

Now I noticed that the Arc isn’t in my Sonos app either, the Sonos One’s aren’t paired with it either.

The Arc is plugged in via Ethernet.  

I unplug the power, hold the join button while plugging the device back in.  Wait for it to be green and go into the app to pair the device.  It never seems to pair.  

Trying to figure out what happened and how to fix it.

Return HDMI, what is that?

Did you disable the Arc’s internal radio using the “disable WiFi” (mislabeled) option?

You are doing a Factory Reset with the Join button and power connection, usually a very bad idea.

Maybe unplug the Ethernet and power cycle the Arc (no factory reset) open your controller to your existing system and use the add new product options to try adding the Arc.

Return HDMI, eArc.  Take the audio from the TV into the speaker?

How do I disable the Arc’s internal radio?  I can’t see it in the app, so I can’t make any changes to the speaker.

I did unplug the Arc, I did unplug ethernet.  Can’t connect to the speaker, but the app can see that it’s there.

Try here, you should never disable the WiFi / radio without talking to Sonos first.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/disable-or-enable-wi-fi-on-your-sonos-products

Maybe start with a clean system, power down the TV and Arc. Remove the Ethernet. Power up the TV, wait a minute then the Arc. Unless you lost all your settings with the Factory Reset the basics should be working.

If all is lost due to the factory resets you’ll need to do the whole “Add a new speaker to your Sonos system” process.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-a-new-product-to-an-existing-sonos-system

Note that it really isn’t a ‘join’ button. It’s a ‘join’ only during setup, that functionality goes away when the Sonos has been set up. 

Hi

Great speculation by @Stanley_4 and @Airgetlam and here’s another….

To me it sounds like there may have been a power failure while you were away which can screw things up to no end depending upon the duration of the failure. Also your ISP may have had issues which disconnected your internet service and consequently your router and wifi.

I have Comcast/Xfinity and when they have issues it sometimes wreaks havoc with my Sonos. I have to unplug router and every Sonos speaker to get things going again.

I’d avoid factory resets. Just unplug everything as has been suggested and hopefully your Sonos will come back.

Not speculation on my part….;)

@AjTrek1 

i don’t believe it was any of those things.

My Beam is on a UPS.  There is an alarm clock on that UPs too.  If the power was off long enough the clock would be flashing.

As well both my Beam and Ray are plugged into the same unmanaged switch.  The Ray (and my Roam) continued to work.  If that switch lost power the Rat should have had the same issue.

My ISP didn’t go down.  It’s fiber and my router sends me notifications through the app when things go down or a device joins the network.  I also would have got a warning that my security cameras went down as well.

i called Sonos and was on a call for an hour.  We reset my entire home system to bring the Beam back up.  Power down every Sonos device switch router and whatnot.

I don’t know what actually happened and probably never will.  I’m just happy things are back up and running.