Skip to main content
Answered

there isnt music sound effects on the sl

• 1 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I have the beam gen 2 and two sl ones, the reason I bought the set was because I was listening to a song on one of my old friends set up and he had the same thing, but when I play music through the tv the sound effects that the music has on the background doesn’t output through the surround speakers. As an example A song I listen to has a lighting strike in the back ground while the rapper is singing, the lighting strike is supposed to be heard through the SL speakers while the rapper and rest of the music is playing on the beam. Is there a way to have that on my set up? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7

What specific song is it? What music service are you streaming it from? From what device?

The fact that the lightning strike is supposed to only play out of the surrounds means that you probably heard the song on your friend’s setup in Dolby Atmos. Have you tried playing the song in Dolby Atmos?

So I was streaming on his device with YouTube, my set up has Dolby atmos as well, I don’t know how to play a song in Dolby atmos, the song I was playing was crazy story by king von, it was the music video that has the lighting strike. I basically replicated the set up tried to do the same thing but results were different. If there is a way to always play music in Dolby atmos let me know 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @JayElAlfa,

It’s hard to tell what the difference might be in the setups without seeing the settings of both.

Was your friend playing the song through the YouTube app on his TV or via the YouTube Music app? YouTube Music doesn’t support Dolby Atmos as fair as I’m aware, so if you’re playing that way, you wont have the same effect.

Can you check whether you’re able to hear the lightning strike when the surrounds are set to either Ambient or Full? You can change this setting in the surround audio settings in the Sonos app.

When playing other songs, are you hearing anything from the surrounds at all or just silence?