Skip to main content

how should my speakers:sound bar, bass, 2 #3 be set up to get the best sound system for movies and does the same set up work for music?

Hi @djordan178 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Basically, as long as the soundbar is just under the TV and the surround speakers are behind the main listening position at head height, you are good to go.

The Sub should be placed at the front, near the soundbar. Please note that the exact placement can make a big difference - if it doesn’t sound like it’s doing much, try moving it an inch or two.

I would say that this setup would be fine for music, but some think it’s better to have greater stereo separation at the front - it’s a matter of taste really - and have separate speakers in the same room set up for music playback only.

I hope this helps.

Your ears are the best judge of what sounds good.

A friend of mine likes what to me is overly excessive treble; some folk like a really heavy bass throb.

Sometimes I’ll change bass/treble/loudness when listening to differing musical genres and at different volumes. 

The Sub’s positioning can make a big difference - a very small change of location might drastically affect the sound. 

It really is a case of changing positions slightly and see what you like.