Terrible setup experience and purchase

• 14 February 2023
  • 1 reply

My experience with the first sonos I bought.  Paid top dollar for the entire home theatre setup, including Arc Sub and two One SL. Unfortunately it is one of the worst audio system I have owned. It has an insane setup process. Sonos should mention in BOLD on their box packaging that this needs innumerable wifi connections to connect and NOT TO PLACE ROUTER OR AS A MATTER OF FACT ANY ELECTRONIC ITEM NEAR THERE PRODUCTS. Are you kidding, in this day and age you are suggesting not to have any electronic items in house near the system. Have you guys lost it. Seriously will recommend you to make a bluetooth connectivity system, these wifi system are not compatible with most routers. 
Had they mentioned this I would have never bought any of there products. 
With great difficulty connected there arc and sub.

But none of there one sl can be paired with the arc. 
Returning this hopeless system back. Also the quality of music is only good with their sonos radio and with other sources it mediocre.
My older older audio was a million times better. Simple and used to get the job done.  

Will give this one star just for the setup process. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bcdonesl 

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for your feedback!

I’m sorry to hear that you have decided to return your Arc. If you don’t mind, I’d like to address a couple of your points.

Sonos should mention in BOLD on their box packaging that this needs innumerable wifi connections to connect and NOT TO PLACE ROUTER OR AS A MATTER OF FACT ANY ELECTRONIC ITEM NEAR THERE PRODUCTS. Are you kidding, in this day and age you are suggesting not to have any electronic items in house near the system.

Routers should not be too close to the devices connecting to it. This is due to the inverse-square law of wave mechanics in physics and applies to all brands of devices. Saying no electronic devices should be near the Arc at all is clearly hyperbole - it’s designed to sit under a TV, after all. Some devices can cause interference, however, and both the router and Arc are transmitting WiFi, so a separation between them is justified. It’s akin to trying to have a quiet conversation while someone else in the room is being very loud.

With great difficulty connected there arc and sub.

But none of there one sl can be paired with the arc.

If the router is nearby, this is likely due to interference, yes. It’s also possible your router doesn’t like proxied-DHCP, but this is less common.

Returning this hopeless system back. Also the quality of music is only good with their sonos radio and with other sources it mediocre.
My older older audio was a million times better. Simple and used to get the job done.  

Will give this one star just for the setup process. 

Thank you again for your honest feedback - we do value it!