Skip to main content
Answered

system configuration

• 19 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi!

i’ve a playbar, a sub and 4 play one speakers.

The playbar is connected to my Sony tv with optical cable because The playbar doesn’t have arc input.

i’ve created my sourround system room with sub, soundbar under tv and 2 play one on my back. 
In order to add the other 2 play one as left & right channels i’ve created a new room and i’ve made a Group with the two rooms.

The PROBLEM is that when i turn up and down the volume using the remote control of my tv the play one L&R doesn’t change the volume.

is it possible to connect the L&R speakers in the same room of sourrond system? 

kind regards

simone

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

A "room” in Sonos is a defined set of speakers. In the Sonos there's only place for two rear speakers. So, as you noticed, you cannot get the other Play 1's in the same "room". You can only "group” them with the surround room, giving you not the rear sound but stereo and also giving you 75ms delay on the grouped speakers when playing TV sound. Grouped speakers cannot be controlled with the remote that is controlling the surround “room".

So; what you want cannot be done.