Skip to main content

My Sony A80CL-77 is set up with an ARC and two ERA300s. The sound has been great when I stream through apps on the Apple TV, play a blu-ray, or just watch television. Yesterday, I tried watching one of the movies to stream through the Bravia Core (they give credits for movies when you buy a new TV), and the sound was off by about a second. I tried a second movie with the same result. 

The weird thing was that when I messed with the settings or returned to viewing, it always synced for about ten seconds and then would sort of skip and then be out of sync again. My wifi connection is very fast, and as I mentioned above, I’ve had no issues with any other streaming, even just through the tv and not the Apple TV.

Any suggestions?

Since the streaming of sound is directly from the TV to the Sonos through the ARC connection to the Sonos Arc, it is unlikely to be associated with your WiFi connection or speed, and more likely an issue with the TV sending the signal out to the Arc fast enough. I’d double check the TV for updates of its own firmware first, then reboot the TV by unplugging it from the wall for two or three minutes, then plug it back in and see if you can reproduce it. 

If you can recreate the issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.