Question

Surrounds speakers randomly increase volume when playing Atmos

• 19 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I have submitted 2 diagnostics - 839597077 and 696830721 after the issue happened.

More background on the issue - i’m running a sonos arc surround setup with hdfury arcana to split earc from appletv4k and pass it to the sonos arc.

Whenever I’m watching dolby Atmos content on Netflix - the witcher, hunting of bly manor - I’m getting random increases by 20-30% for 2-3 seconds in the volume of the surronds(One SLs).

When I’m watching Apple+ Atmos content, I havent observed the issue. My sonos app displays that I’m getting Dolby Atmos sound

Can someone fix my title? - seems i cant edit it from my phone that i’m using to submit this question 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @mi.brankova 

If you are using the NetFlix app via AppleTV I suspect there is a conflict processing the Netflix audio through AppleTV connected to the Arcana. To test this...setup the Arc in the conventional manner (i.e. direct to your TV via HDMI-eARC or ARC). Connect the AppleTV to an available HDMI port. Let us know if you are still experiencing the volume increase in the rears.

Unfortunately I don’t have Atmos through-pass TV, so whenever I connect via HDMI ARC, ATMOS content is muted until i force 5.1. 

Can this be an issue from the WIFI?

Userlevel 7

Hi @mi.brankova 

I doubt it has anything to do with Wi-Fi. The typical symptom for W-Fi is “drop-outs” not increases in volume.  I suggest you call Sonos and give them your diagnostic ID’s.