Surrounds (2xOnes) and Sub: Suddenly stopped working

• 13 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I’ve had the same sound setup for three years now. 

One Playbase, one Sub(gen2) and two Ones(gen1) for surround. A few days ago I suddenly discovered that the surrounds and the sub no longer works with tv or music. They are connected to each other in the app (S1). But wont start playing anything. I’ve tried a lot of different scenarios from what I’ve read about in this forum and elsewhere. A few things i’ve tried:

1. Reset the sub, and the two ones and add them again. But they still won’t work.
  2. Reset the whole setup with the Playbase, surrounds and sub to set ut up again, but it didn’t work.
  3. Reboot the router and all speakers and that didn’t solve the problem either.

I can control them all in the app like for e.g. turn off status lights but I can’t control the sound at all. It’s like they’re all connected but just not sounding.

Anyone who’s experienced the same issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Henrik-Nygren.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and for doing the extra mile on starting with some basic troubleshooting steps. This is not a normal behavior of a Sonos device and I would like to help out. 

I would suggest watching a movie with or without audio on the sub and surrounds and allow 3-5 minutes and try to submit a diagnostic. Please reply to this thread with the confirmation number once the diagnostic has been submitted so we can check what is going on.

Please let me know once everything is good with the diagnostic and keep me posted.

Thanks,

Hi Paul,

Thank you for getting back to me. My diagnostics confirmation number is: 881436576

I have tried a lot of different ways to get it work now, so the configuration isn’t exactly the same as it was before. I’m having a trouble with network when I’m trying to set up the speakers after resetting them. For the moment nothing seems to work as it should. I can’t see what network I’m connected to and when I’m trying to connect to my network it says it’s the wrong password even though I just set it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Henrik-Nygren.

Thanks for your immediate response and for submitting a diagnostic.

I would like to share with you the information indicated on the submitted diagnostic. Based on the provided diagnostic your Sonos Playbase indicates a wireless card failure. I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. Please provide the diagnostic number you have noted above to the technical support team. (881436576). This is the main reason why you are not able to hear any audio from your surrounds and sub, the wireless card on the Playubase is faulty.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,