Skip to main content

Since the App update my surround speakers (Play1) have stopped working. 
have tried powering everything down then tried removing them but have not been able to add them back. Then tried factory resetting them added them back to the system and got message saying they were connected but when you look for them they are nt there. Tried adding back as surrounds and it can’t find them. They were fine before the App update which is awful! Tried to call tech support but says 90 minute wait don’t know what else to do.

Have you tried running the system firmware update after installing Tuesday’s latest app update? I wonder if the system would be able to find them again, as part of the software and the firmware updates this week were to help with older speakers. 

Just tried your suggestion comes up with error message saying has encountered a problem 

says to check network connection but that is working fine 

You say you powered it all down - did that include the router, then router back on, then powered the speakers back up?

Rhonny

yes i tried that as well pulling what’s left of my hair out

I am not particularly tech minded but have never had a problem following the promos in the old App when ever I have had a problem 

If it isn't already, can you plug your soundbar directly into the router by Ethernet? Then try again to find and connect the surrounds? 

Rhonny

i have powered down everything and restarted it all

It is now showing the missing Play 1,s but when you try and play music through them it shows they are playing but no sound comes out.

Have connected beam to router with cable but still doesn’t allow play 1,s to be added as surrounds

Could it be yet another issue with the new app that is causing the problems? 

Are you able to just confirm you updated the app following Tuesday’s latest update? 

I haven’t physically updated it. I thought I phone updated automatically 

That's what got many people in trouble in the first place! I NEVER allow automatic updated for anything I own. You just never know when the fhit will hit the san!

Can you check as that’s important in the fully functioning system.

Rhonny

i have checked it is the latest version 

When it shows the speakers are playing but no sound coming out, presumably your tried whacking up the speaker volume? It’s not on mute? (Just checking everything!)

Rhonny

yes tried that

I have the same issue. So annoying!

(Plus it makes my tv lags).

Everything was fine prior to this update. 

No surround now from my 2 play1s and my sub.

I hope Sonos team will come with a solution now. 

I had evertthing rebooted. Router, Sonos Beam, etc.