Answered

Surround speaker static

• 26 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I have started to experience static and crackle in my Sonos one SL surround speakers but only when watching the Fox Sports channel on my cable.  Football crowd noise and NASCAR is where it’s most evident.  Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 February 2024, 00:04

View original

4 replies

It hasn’t happened to me yet, but most of Football (American Football) tends to be on NFL network, and they don’t tend to put a lot of care in their broadcasts. I didn’t notice an issue in last week’s Daytona race. 

It could potentially be a local issue, although it seems odd to be so specific. But, at the least, I’d reproduce the issue, then submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The recent NASCAR Atlanta race had really terrible sound in the surround channels. A lot of just unrelated noise, playing the track’s PA music - LOUD, and what sounded like a bad cable connection. So bad I turned the surrounds off.

Older races had nothing on the surrounds even though they had it showing as 5.1.

We get it off-air through an Amazon Fire Recast, to our Sony TV and ARC / Play 1s.

Thanks!  It was the Atlanta race that I experienced this.  I was watching through my cable provider.  I did indeed turn the sound down/off on my surrounds.  I also see the comment on the diagnostic.  I have never done this before, but will look into how to accomplish and try it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Diagnostic is on the Settings - Support page.

Copy the number and contact Sonos with it as they don’t look at incoming diagnostics until they are contacted.