surround sound issue

• 8 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Have set up my new Beam(gen 2) and wanted to pair my 2 One speakers as surrounds.

Went through all the relevant steps and in app tells me everything is connected and working. However only the left surround has sound out and none at all from the right?

Unpaired them and used the right sided as a standalone in my kitchen to check was working normally,  and it played music perfectly. 

So went back to try pair them again, and same issue arose. Only the left surround emits sound and nothing from the right.

Have tried with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital 5.1 and same problem. 

System has beam hard wired via ethernet direct from modem with cat 6e cable, and the rears paired via wi-fi so cannot understand why one speaker is playing but not the other?

Any help greatly appreciated. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Have you paired them, as a separate room, and then grouped them with your Beam? Or, have you bonded them as surrounds? In Sonos terminology bonding, pairing and grouping have specific meanings. 
If you stream a music source such as Amazon or Spotify, do all (Beam and both Ones) play music?

If you remove the ones as surrounds, then re-bond them but with left and right switched around, which plays now?

If none of those helps, it may be time to generate a diagnostics report and contact Sonos support.

Thanks for response....I never originally had them paired, used them as separates in different rooms.

However when I set them up to pair with Beam they were paired firstly as a stereo pair, then I unpaired them as Beam set up asks to set up surrounds .

Completely unpaired and then set them individually a d renamed them.

Went back into Beam and then paired them via app, however they were still named differently but paired as surrounds as to Beam, if that makes sense.

So it's probably a factory reset of them and try again.

Problem though will likely be same as they will have to named upon pairing over WiFi. 

At a loss

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If that doesn’t solve the issue (before the factory reset that will wipe diagnostic data) send in a diagnostic and ask Sonos support to look at it.