Surround Sound Ideas for Living Room with High Ceilings

• 30 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Looking for some advice - I have a large open living room with very high ceilings.  Audio from my TV speakers is to muffled and needed ideas on a better surround sound system for this room.  Mostly to just hear clear audio no matter where you sit.  Wanted to also put in some ceiling speakers in the next couple of rooms that i can sync up to play music on all the speakers.

I was thinking of doing two in-wall speakers on both sides of the Tv, subwoofer, and then maybe two other speakers on the back of the room?

Appreciate any ideas you all have.  Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Rather than in-wall for a large room you might look at large bookshelf or floor standing speakers on a Sonos Amp. If you go with 6” or smaller woofers you might look into a sub-woofer to reinforce the low end in your large space.

Add a second Amp with up to three pairs of Sonos speakers on it for the other rooms. You might want a volume control in each room to even out the sound levels.