Answered

Surround sound cuts in and out

• 27 March 2022
  • 5 replies

I have a Sonos Arc, amp and sub and 2 in ceiling wired Proficient speakers and the sound cuts in and out in surround sound speakers. Not sure why. Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 27 March 2022, 01:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

How are each of the devices connected to the local network and how far away is the Amp from the Arc?

What type of network are you using… central router?, (any other access points), mesh WiFi?

What WiFi channels are in use?

Any switches, managed or unmanaged?

A bit more information is needed here, before some helpful suggestions can perhaps be put forward.

The sub is wireless, the amp is hardwired via cat 6 and the arc is wireless. The arc is just below tv and amp is mounted behind tv a couple feet away. It's one single 200 sq ft room and only 1 router in play.

It’s not advisable to wire the Amp without wiring everything else in the HT setup - I would definitely set that to wireless and let it communicate direct to the Arc over a 5Ghz ad-hoc wireless connection instead, rather than have the communication between those products going via the router. See if that by itself may solve your issue.  If not, there are perhaps other things that can be considered, but perhaps try that suggestion first.

Note, before you uncable the Amp, that you ‘may’ need to add your WiFi credentials to the Sonos App’s network settings, that’s if they are not present already in ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks

Thanks so much for the help. I think that resolved the issue