Skip to main content

I’m having an issue with the sub (gen 3) that I have added to an arc and TV. A couple weeks ago the sub stopped working with the TV and movies, but works perfectly fine with music via Spotify.

Removing the sub and re-adding didn’t fix anything. Any ideas of what to try next?

Check the TV set, to make sure it is sending the appropriate signal to the Arc? If the Sub works on streaming, it suggests there’s nothing wrong pig with the sub, and the issue is there’s not an appropriate .1 signal being sent from the TV. 

…it suggests there’s nothing wrong pig with the sub, and the issue is there’s not an appropriate….

What does “pig” mean 😂😂😂 Did you eat pork yesterday and now regret doing so. 😂😂😂

Check the TV set, to make sure it is sending the appropriate signal to the Arc? If the Sub works on streaming, it suggests there’s nothing wrong pig with the sub, and the issue is there’s not an appropriate .1 signal being sent from the TV. 

Do you have any advice of how to check the TV’s signal being sent to the Arc?

What TV?

What does the Sonos controller show for the audio format when watching TV?

What TV?

What does the Sonos controller show for the audio format when watching TV?

Where can I find the audio format in the app? The TV is a Sony A80K 65”

Two places (and I’m ignoring @AjTrek1 ‘s jab at my admittedly horrible typing skills 😜). First, it should show up as Atmos on the now playing screen for that room in your Sonos controller. Second, if you go to Settings > System > About my system, it would show up in the block for the Arc’s line in. 

Thanks y’all for your help! Somehow I realized the Arc was being a ******, and this was all her fault and had nothing to do with her Sub. I turned all of the power strips off and back on, and cycling the power on the Arc fixed it!

@nombrecinq

Be mindful of the expletives you use in the community. Moderators will remove them (or worse suspend access) to conform with community language guidelines. 😊 Glad you resolved your issue.