Answered

Sub Mini Disconnecting After Adding Era

• 1 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Anyone having problems with random disconnection of a sub after adding a new speaker?

I had an Arc + Sub Mini in a living room, same location as strong wifi router, working fine for weeks. 

Added an Era 300 to another room this week, not set up as surrounds. Now after 2 hours of playing, the sub will randomly disconnect. App shows a red dot on the room, “Sub Mini - Not Connected.” Troubleshooting menu doesn’t work; can’t find the sub at all, as if it’s disappeared or powered off. I have to factory reset it, then reconnect it. Works fine for another hour or two, playing music with the Era and Arc, then disappears again, starting the factory reset process over. Never happened before adding the Era. 

No LED light when it disconnects, and my phone is within 10 feet when I’m trying unsuccessfully to reconnect. 

Anyone else? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 4 April 2023, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Th4025, welcome to Sonos Community!

Please refrain from any further Factory Resets unless suggested by Sonos, as valuable information for troubleshooting is lost in the process.

No LED light while the Sonos Sub Mini is connected to power makes me think the unit is at fault, then again it was playing fine before the new addition to your Sonos System so this could be a network communication issue.

Since you can reproduce this, please do so one more time (with the Factory Reset) and Submit Diagnostics twice, once when the Sonos Sub Mini is connected and playing successfully for a few minutes, and once more after it disconnects.

Then please reach out to our Sonos Support providing those two numbers from the diagnostics, so they can have a look and assist you further.

Feel free to ask any questions here and let us know about the outcome.