Answered

Sub mini and rear ERA300 surround speakers positioning?

• 15 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello to all,

After reading SonoS suggestions I have placed the Sub mini just below the Beam (on the floor against the wall) and both are in the exact TV mid and facing the viewer.

The “holes” of the Sub mini are parallel to the wall.

This because I think that if I place the “holes” perpendicular, the sound coming from the hole against the wall, will bounce on the wall instead of being free.

Have I done well ?

even though SonoS reports there is no difference on having the hole facing the viewer or less.

The rear ERA300 are placed just above the couch (that s against the wall) , facing the TV , at an ear viewer height and at a distance of 1,5m.

But having in this position, the viewer has the sound coming directly from the left (of the right speaker) and the right (of the left speaker )drivers only.

The up firing drivers send the sound to the ceiling while the other 2 side drivers send the sound on the left and right zone of the room (my side walls are more or less 2,5m far from the viewer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 15 April 2023, 23:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

How does it sound to you? Have you tried with/without Trueplay?

Try them out in different positions and orientations. Decide what you like best. That is the best location. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I tried Trueplay ended.

I moved the holes in both ways parallel and perpendicular to the wall….could not feel any difference.

I was wondering if other had any suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Spinning the MiniSub around will have little impact, you might try moving it to other positions and see if you can find a spot in your room where it works best. If possible run Trueplay in each location before testing.

Badge

I suggest if possible to place your subwoofer in the front corner. Play a scene of a movie or song with the same settings (bass&volume) and hear the difference!