Answered

Sub (Gen 3) problems

• 19 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

I’ve been having problems with the Sub (Gen 3) for some time now. I have the Arc/Sub Gen 3/One SL in a home theatre with the Sony XR-83A90J.

There’s this faint sound the subwoofer makes everytime the TV is turned on, it didn’t happen in the beginning. I’m not sure why it happens now. 

When watching a movie the impression is that the subwoofer is not there sometimes while other times it’s like it’s just making this loud one-note bass sound that is too much and very annoying. 

I tried playing a Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 test tone and while all channels sound as they should from the other speakers, the subwoofer channel is not heard from the Sub but the Arc.I use this file here https://www.demolandia.net/downloads.html?id=2259505.

The system is tuned with Trueplay with no further adjustments.

Any ideas? 

My Arc was replaced recently because of some issues with the sound from the whole system, I’m wondering if the Sub needs to be replaced as well.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 27 February 2023, 11:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Does this sound track the Volume control?

Badge +4

Does this sound track the Volume control?

If you mean the sub sound yes it does. It will be lower or higher depending on the volume control

I’m asking about the extraneous noise. Does the intensity of this noise follow the Volume control?

Badge +4

I’m asking about the extraneous noise. Does the intensity of this noise follow the Volume control?

The sound I described when I turn on the TV is always the same, does not follow the volume control.

Badge +4

Any suggestions?

Badge +4

https://www.demolandia.net/downloads.html?id=2259505

Can anyone download and play the above test tones on an Arc/Sub system and let me know if the subwoofer test tone comes from the subwoofer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @PG80 

Thanks for your post!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.