Answered

Sub gen 3 Arc connection issue

I have just received my Sub to complete my surround system. Every time I tried to pair it with Arc I was getting a failed connection message. After quite a few attempts at pairing the sub, and a factory reset later, I discovered that the sub would only pair with the Arc when I switched the Arc from wired to wireless connection. Now my system is working great and all speakers are connected. But when I switch Arc back to it’s wired Ethernet connection, I loose the sub speaker again. As anyone else encountered a similar issue? I also have a pair of surround one SLs which I had no problem pairing with Arc.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 18 May 2022, 23:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

When you wire the Arc with an ethernet cable, are you keeping WiFi enabled on the Arc in the Sonos app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The switch setting in the controller says WiFi but it actually is the Radio getting turned on and off.

When off there is no way that the Arc can connect via wireless to anything.

You could try turning off the Radio and wiring both Arc and Sub to your router. Usually not a good thing.

If you want Surrounds later they’d need the Ethernet cable connection too.