Answered

Sub distortion on tv when streaming through Roku

• 9 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have a Roku ultra that streams to my Samsung tv.  I use an HDMI to push sound from my tv to my sonos beam.  I have a sub connected wirelessly to the beam.  My issue is that I get consistent distortion during low range “ominous” scenes during action movies, Stranger Things, etc.  I’m stumped as to how I resolve.  No issues when streaming music.  I’m guessing I’m missing something simple but I can’t seem to figure this out!  

Any help appreciated.  

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 July 2022, 21:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I have a Roku ultra that streams to my Samsung tv.  I use an HDMI to push sound from my tv to my sonos beam.  I have a sub connected wirelessly to the beam.  My issue is that I get consistent distortion during low range “ominous” scenes during action movies, Stranger Things, etc.  I’m stumped as to how I resolve.  No issues when streaming music.  I’m guessing I’m missing something simple but I can’t seem to figure this out!  

Any help appreciated.  

Have you tried re-tuning the setup with Trueplay, or even switching Trueplay ‘off’ (if enabled).. and/or adjusting the room EQ settings - Loudness setting etc; to see if that might resolve the issue for you?