Answered

sub disconnects and will not connect to playbar

• 6 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Please please help before I throw this crap out the window.

Sub constantly disconnects from sub, possibly from router reset, I don't know. Generally turning this junk off and back on resets it all fine. Tonight, oh my god what a palaver. 

Router has been reset 3 times. Sub reset 5 times. Playbar reset 4 times. Variations of unplugging. I've had 3 different fault messages. Eventually found " Wireless connection not suitable for this playbar. "

Reset everything. Uninstall app, reinstall. Reconnect all components. It recognises both items, but won't allow me to add the sub to the room( playbar) as it can't find it ??? Seriously? I've been at this an hour now. Pressing buttons, resetting this, resetting that, all different orders. The Wireless isn't suitable bit has gone, both speakers are on the app, but they don't recognise each other. All been fine for 3 years except all these disconnects but this one takes the biscuit

icon

Best answer by Cjp1234 6 April 2023, 22:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Is the Playbar or Sub wired to the network with an ethernet cable? Is Wi-Fi enabled on both speakers in the Sonos app?

Both are wifi and wifi enabled. Been connected like that for over a year and except for minor disconnects no issue.

Both are found by the app as wifi but it won't let me join the 2 in 1 room

Userlevel 7

You should probably contact Sonos Support:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact?

Thankyou

Sorted.

Factory reset playbar again. It thought the sub was still connected which it wasn't.