Answered

Spotify is losing connection to Sonos

• 16 November 2021
  • 1 reply

I'm having massive issues with both my Sonos systems (Amp and One SL).

After some minutes Spotify just pauses and drops the connection to the system. I can instantly reconnect, issue comes back after a few minutes. Happens from both Android and macOS app.

I didn't change anything in my network, the WiFi is working perfectly. I monitored my wifi and there is not a single package drop from other devices. There are very few WiFis around me, so there isn't much interference. I have exactly this setup since months, issues now started out of nothing.

Does anybody have an idea what the cause could be?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 November 2021, 23:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’d certainly recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

But if I were to put my money down, I’d be betting on wifi interference of some type, since the rigors of running a Sonos system requires greater “cleanliness” than most devices. Or, it could be as simple as duplicate IP address issues, something that often crops up it’s head around the times that people do software updates such as this morning’s release. That could be tested by powering down all Sonos devices, rebooting the router, and then plugging back in all the Sonos devices after the router comes back up. But ultimately, that diagnostic given to Sonos and your call in to them will likely have the real answer.