Answered

Speakers suddenly go quiet for a couple of seconds. .

• 5 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

recently upgraded my system and got 2x era 300 to replace my Sonos ones. 

I have an arc, sub and era 300s and every so often they keep going really quiet for like a second or two. 

I have submit the diagnosis 1098022638 within 10 mins of it happening. Didn’t happen before on my previous set up. 

thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 April 2023, 02:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Did you call Sonos Support ? Sometime the forum moderators are able to grab these, but it’s not their primary function, and while this is a community site, those of us who are not employees can not see the content of a diagnostic, unfortunately. 

It sounds like you may be experiencing some connectivity issues or interference with your new Sonos system. Here are some steps you can try to help troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

Check for wireless interference: Other wireless devices or nearby Wi-Fi networks can cause interference and disrupt your Sonos system's wireless connection. Try moving your Sonos speakers away from other wireless devices or turning off other wireless devices to see if this resolves the issue.

Check your Wi-Fi network: Make sure your Wi-Fi network is functioning properly and that all your Sonos speakers are connected to the same network. If your Wi-Fi network is experiencing issues, it can cause your Sonos system to drop out or experience connectivity issues.

Check for firmware updates: Make sure your Sonos system is running the latest firmware. You can check for updates in the Sonos app by going to "Settings" > "System Updates" and selecting "Check for Updates."

Restart your Sonos system: Try restarting your Sonos system by unplugging all your Sonos speakers from power and your Wi-Fi router. Wait a few minutes, then plug everything back in and see if this resolves the issue.

Contact Sonos support: If the issue persists, contact Sonos support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or offer a warranty repair or replacement if the speakers are defective.