Answered

Speakers and placement for 28 sq meter/ 300 sq feet rectangular room only used in the last 7 meters

• 16 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Edit: please don’t mind the last part of the title.
So I have the following room (two options below):

Given that I want to use the room for cinema and mainly spatial music using the minimum space possible:

• Do I need the most potent sub, speakers and soundbar?
  • Do you think the soundbar should face the end of the room, or is it the same for sound quality if it faces the other (open) end?
  • Finally, where do you think the rear speakers and sub should be placed?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 17 November 2023, 00:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

All else aside you are going to want the windows behind the TV (bottom image) or you will be fighting reflections that will really reduce your viewing enjoyment.

I’d say a single Sub would do well in that room but you can always add a second if it isn’t giving you the sound levels you want. You really need to try several sub locations, for a single Sub I’d go with under the TV as a first try, then try your suggested corner position where you’ll get more sound but it may be less even across the room. If you go with two I’d lean to the side-walls at the TV end of the room. Try them at varying distances from the corner for the best sound. Some folks prefer the Sub flat on the floor under the couch so you might try that too.

I’d not go with a small sound bar, the Arc is going to do a better job of filling that larger space.

The rear speakers, probably should be Era 300s, should be on stands, at ear height and just behind your listening position. Era 100s would work but shouldn’t be your first choice.

Thanks @Stanley_4  ! Really appreciated your insights.