Answered

sound skipping or cutting out

• 10 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello all, I have been encountering an issue with the sound skipping or cutting in and out randomly when watching streaming TV. I have a new Epson smart projector with an 8k capable hdmi cable connected to the HDMI ARC from the projector to the Sonos Arc. I have Wi-Fi extenders meshed throughout my home. I just purchased my Sonos sound bar and Sub 3 weeks ago. All of my equipment is new and has up to date firmware. I tested the projector and it performed fine when it uses its built in speaker but starts skipping when I connect the Sonos sound bar. Has anyone experienced this? If so how was it fixed? Thank you all for your time.

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 10 January 2023, 13:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Disconnect and unplug everything from power for a couple of minutes and redo the TV Setup process in the Sonos app. Use the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable that came with the Arc.

Thank you for the reply Guitar Superstar. I have a ceiling mounted projector that is too far from the sound bar to use the provided hdmi cable. I purchased an 8k hdmi cable in a 50ft length to reach the sound bar at the other side of the room. I have unplugged the equipment before and it works for a bit, then goes back to having the same issue

Userlevel 7

Thank you for the reply Guitar Superstar. I have a ceiling mounted projector that is too far from the sound bar to use the provided hdmi cable. I purchased an 8k hdmi cable in a 50ft length to reach the sound bar at the other side of the room. I have unplugged the equipment before and it works for a bit, then goes back to having the same issue

If you temporarily move the Arc closer to the projector and connect them using the Sonos HDMI cable, do you still have dropouts?

If that works, then your issue is likely due the 8k hdmi cable/length being used.

If you temporarily move the Arc closer to the projector and connect them using the Sonos HDMI cable, do you still have dropouts?

If that works, then your issue is likely due the 8k hdmi cable/length being used.

I’m going to try this weekend and order a shorter hdmi cable to see if that helps

Userlevel 7

Perhaps a quicker and less effort would be the next time it drops, to send a diagnostic and contact Sonos Support

They can analyse the diagnostic to hopefully determine the cause of the dropouts. Either the signal being received or if there is any interference around the Arc that is causing the problem.

Guynamedmike,

Can you reset the connection simply by unplugging the HDMI cable for a second?

Perhaps a quicker and less effort would be the next time it drops, to send a diagnostic and contact Sonos Support

They can analyse the diagnostic to hopefully determine the cause of the dropouts. Either the signal being received or if there is any interference around the Arc that is causing the problem.

Thanks I will try that and post the results here

Guynamedmike,

Can you reset the connection simply by unplugging the HDMI cable for a second?

I tried that and the problem persisted after a few minutes