Question

sound out of sync to tv

• 23 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi 

I’ve recently purchased a beam which I am using with two play:1 speakers for my TV. 

im finding that a lot of the time the sound is out compared to the picture which is really frustrating. Sometimes it’s fine (more on terrestrial channels) but moving to the digital programmes like sky sports, movies, Netflix’s etc, there is a delay. 

ive looked at the sonos f&q page and have tried what they suggest, but still can’t seem to get it right. 

can anyone help with the best way to fix the problem? If it helps, the TV is a Samsung 65” 2020 QLED

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Do you have the two PLAY:1s set up as surround speakers for the Beam, or are they separate room(s), that you have grouped with the Beam?

My guess is the latter, and you’re running in to the 75ms delay when any room is grouped with a home theater device with a TV/digital input. You can adjust the delay on the Beam to be larger, so it can sync with the PLAY;1s more closely, at the cost of lip sync issues, but there is no way to do away with the 75ms delay.