Sound for a 1x2 TV wall

• 15 February 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a 1x2 TV wall setup to extend the picture across the two screen.  What is the best way to connect the Sono Beam Gen 2 to this?  I also have a sub and 2 x One SL to provide surround sound.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Connect the Sonos Beam to the ARC port on one of the two TVs,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What connections does your set up have?

Thanks for the advice!!!

I am running two 65” Samsung TVs off a video wall controller in a 1 x 2 setup (to extend the picture across both TVs).  This is connected on HDMI1 of each TV to the wall controller.  I want to add a Sonos Beam Gen 2 to provide surround sound (I also have a sub and 2 x One SL that I’ll add).  I am not sure if I needed to connect the sound to both TVs or if I can run it off of one TV since the signal is being split across 2 TVs.

Thanks for the advice!!!

I am running two 65” Samsung TVs off a video wall controller in a 1 x 2 setup (to extend the picture across both TVs).  This is connected on HDMI1 of each TV to the wall controller.  I want to add a Sonos Beam Gen 2 to provide surround sound (I also have a sub and 2 x One SL that I’ll add).  I am not sure if I needed to connect the sound to both TVs or if I can run it off of one TV since the signal is being split across 2 TVs.

It really depends on the specific wall controller you’re using.  Is it sending full audio to both TVs?  Maybe it only sends to one of the TVs, or stereo only, or no audio at all?  Don’t know.  If the controller doesn’t send adequate audio to one of the TVs, you may need to use an HD Fury or similar device to extract audio to HDMI-eARC from the HDMI source before it reaches the controller.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If the room is large enough for 2 65-inch TV’s, a Beam may struggle to fill the room with sound. You may want to consider an Arc instead. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Connect the Source, or the audio Out of the VW controller, direct to the SONOS via Optical is going to be the most practical solution.

Keeping audio and video ‘in-sync’ may be an issue!