Answered

sound cutting in and out

• 13 January 2024
  • 4 replies

So sound is cutting in and out constanly while streaming music or watching tv.

The system has been in place for years with no changes.

The internet is strong and stable.

Sonos support was contacted months ago when the problem first started, they ran diagnostics and found no issues, but suggested a new device nearby could be causing interferance with the net work.

There are no new devices nearby, i live on a rural propery with no other houses within 150m.

A factory reset of all compents fixed the problem last time, but a few months later its back!

Would anyone have an idea of what the issue could be?

Or am i destined to factory reset every now and again!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 January 2024, 01:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Seems a lot like duplicate IP issues, at least potentially. Have you assigned Ip addresses to your Sonos in your router? How is your Sonos connected to your network? What sort of router do you have? Are you running S1 or S2? What device are you using as a controller, and what OS is it running?

150m isn’t significant in terms of wifi interference . It can come from devices that aren’t WiFi enabled, and potentially from things outside your home, up to and including sunspots, which I certainly hope  aren’t within 150 meters. It’s absolutely worth reading that FAQ, and checking the environment. 

I would recommend against factory resets without instruction from Sonos. You’re essentially erasing data that Sonos might use to assist you, and just a power cycle of the Sonos device does essentially the same thing as a factory reset, forcing the Sonos to reload its software. 

Might be helpful to know which Sonos device you have that is connected to the TV, and how it is connected. It would also be nice to know which TV model and manufacturer you have. 

The Router is a starlink

TV is a Samung ua55nu7100w

connected to playbar via optical 

all sonos products are connected wireless to the router.

no dedicated ip address assigned to sonos.

using S2 mainly on a galaxy S22

thanks for the replys. 

The Router is a starlink

TV is a Samung ua55nu7100w

connected to playbar via optical 

all sonos products are connected wireless to the router.

no dedicated ip address assigned to sonos.

using S2 mainly on a galaxy S22

thanks for the replys. 

According to this thread linked below from a few days ago, another user contacted Sonos Support with a similar Playbar issue and was informed there was a known ongoing issue with both the Playbar and the Sonos Connect:Amp. See this link:

My thoughts therefore are, that it maybe best to first try to reproduce the issue and then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter, or at least just see if it’s the same matter they are perhaps currently investigating.