Answered

Sound bar with multiple HDMI inputs

• 9 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I was wondering if there was a soundbar in development (as I could not see one available) with multiple HDMI ins and a HDMI eARC out. I currently am on the market to upgrade my old non-smart system in my bedroom/ home cinema but the projector only has 2 HDMIs (one of which would be used by the eARC to connect to the SONOS ARC) and I have multiple inputs I would like to use (DVR, games consoles). I know SONOS competitos have systems that would fufill my needs but would rather everything in the house stays within the same ecosystem if possible.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 August 2023, 17:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sonos rarely talks about what is currently under development.  They have not mentioned anything about that, and there are no rumors/leaks that suggested such a feature is under development.

Edit: I would look into getting a separate HDMI switch.

Unfortunately, Sonos doesn’t pre-announce hardware in development until just weeks before release, likely to spur sales.

Given Sonos’ current reliance on ARC to feed their audio to the sound bars, it seems unlikely for them to switch mid-stream and go to an HDMI passthrough system. Not impossible, mind you, but highly unlikely, IMHO, so I’d encourage you not to hold your breath on this. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

You can add the HDFury VRRoom to the Arc to give you Four HDMI Inputs plus eARC/ARC from the connected TV.