Answered

sound

• 24 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

We have a Samsung QLED 75 tv a Sonos Arc, 2 1SLs, sub and 2 Roam. The issue is that the sound skips about every 20-30 seconds and occasionally cuts out for about 2 seconds.  We did the complete unplug of everything about 5 days ago. Had to go back through the tuning steps and thought we had it resolved. It started again today.  Don’t want to have to go through this every 5-6 days. Not a super tech savvy guy but can follow instructions.  Thanks for any advice. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 28 November 2023, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Does it skip with just TV audio or when you stream music too? Are the Roams grouped with the Arc when it skips? Do you group the Roams with the Arc when you are playing TV audio?

Badge

It only happens when it’s TV. My wife was streaming some Pandora praise music this morning and had no issues. We add the Roams when watching a big game or movie so after you asked that, I turned them off and the issue keeps happening.  Thanks for the response 

Userlevel 7

It’s best to keep the Roams ungrouped when playing TV audio. Not only will the connection be unstable, but you will likely experience a slight delay from the Roams which can cause an echo effect.

And set your TV to these settings:

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto (Off if you only use the TV’s native apps)

Digital Output Audio Format: Pass-Through

Badge

I tried to set it to pass through but the TV said it wasn’t an option. Everything else is set like you described. The Roam sentries own group called patio. When I use them with the Arc, I can turn them up separately but usually keep them about the same volume level. 

Userlevel 7

Is eARC set to OFF? eARC seems to cause issues with Samsung TVs.

Badge

We ran it yesterday on several settings and several different combos of settings.  eARC on then off, Dolby Atmos on then off different combinations but still happens on YouTube TV, Netflix but not on music streaming. It’s not unbearable just shouldn’t be happening.  Thanks for you input and suggestions.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JeffroSRTR 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I agree - it shouldn’t be happening. Given all you’ve tried already, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. It will help if you can recreate the issue and submit a support diagnostic before contacting them.

I hope this helps.