Skip to main content
Answered

Sony TV - Sonos Arc Volume Issue

• 2 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I have 2 Sony XBR75X750H TV’s connected to Arc’s, Sub, and Amps (for rear speakers).

Occasionally on both systems, the volume will not go off even when turnign down to 0.  

I can fix by rebooting the TV.

Yesterday when this problem happened, I unplugged the HDMI from the TV and the volume working properly on the internal speakers.  When I plugged the HDMI back in, the volume then also worked properly on the Arc.

I have unsuccessfully tried Sony and Sonos support, although Sonos suggested calling back when the problem was happening.

Any ideas?

Are any input devices, such as a cable box or media player, shared between the TV’s?

No

When it happens submit a diagnostic to capture the event, then call. If it takes you more than a few minutes to get to Support the data could be purged by the log’s updating with other info.

Thanks, will do.

I did send diagnostics to and phone Sonos when the problem occured,  They did a reset on my Arc’s and also got me to adjust the volume to 0 on my Sonos App while the TV volume was at 0 as well.  So far, so good!

Problem is back and even worse.  No sometimes no volume until level 4, 6, 8, etc.  Also, sometimes volume will go from 0 to 2, to 8, to 20 instead of up by 2 at a time.  Resetting the TV fixes for a while.