Answered

Sony 65" Class X85J and Sonos Sound Beam 2

• 21 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Good morning everyone!

I’ve been struggling to get the soundbar to work appropriately with my television. I’m constantly having to monitor the volume levels while watching programs because the action will be super loud and the dialogue very quiet. I have the app and see that I only have three settings to work with: bass, treble, loudness. Is there any other function or program I can do to level this out? Surprised there’s no EQ presets to work with. 

Let me know your thoughts, thank you for your help.

Television: Sony 65” X85J Series LED 4k Model: KD65X85J

Soundbar: Sonos Beam (Gen 2)

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 April 2022, 15:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Turn on Night Sound (moon icon) on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app.

I’m going to try it, there’s nothing I’m missing in regards to syncing a Sony tv and the soundbar right? Also is there a way to get into a quick menu for EQ and Loudness options from the Now Playing screen?

Userlevel 7

I’m going to try it, there’s nothing I’m missing in regards to syncing a Sony tv and the soundbar right? 

The Beam should work fine with your Sony TV. Just make sure you have the TV audio settings set to this:

eARC - Auto
Digital Audio Out - Auto 1
Dolby Digital Plus Output - Dolby Digital Plus
Pass Through Mode - Auto

If you have an iOS device, be sure to perform Trueplay tuning in the Sonos app.

Also is there a way to get into a quick menu for EQ and Loudness options from the Now Playing screen?

In the S2 app, you can change EQ settings from the Now Playing screen by tapping the volume slider and then tapping the EQ icon.