Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Subwoofer will not connect to ARC.

• 12 December 2020
  • 1 reply

So over the the last 8 days I have had trouble connecting this system to my network. I have a Sonos ARC, Subwoofer and S1. The subwoofer will only connect to the ARC with an Ethernet cable and not over WiFi. I’ve tried restarting and resetting the subwoofer and the ARC a number of times. However I find that the Subwoofer will connect to the S1 over WiFi perfectly without issue but the ARC. I welcome any recommendations to get this working as I can’t have the subwoofer connected to Ethernet where it will be stored.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Delorean937, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue with your Sonos system. The Sonos Arc will be able to connect only to the Sonos S2 App and not on the S1. When your system is connected to the ethernet cable, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.