Skip to main content

Hi,

I have the following setup arc + 2 ones and sub gen 2. Connected to LG CX

Last night I heard a loud bang.

I can't tell if anything was affected and I am trying to find a surround sound test that will test the surrounds each channel at a time.

You tube on the LG doesn't seem to produce 5.2.1 (or anything other than stereo). 

I found one on Netflix by searching for test. All the surround speakers seem to work fine, but the sub test seems to cut out half way through. I am not 100% sure on this.

As the arc also produces some bass it's hard to tell what the arc is producing and what the sub is producing. I know the sub will be more powerful bass, but I just want to isolate them if that makes sense. 

The sub isn't making any rattling or popping etc. Hoping that the bag I heard was unrelated to the AV equipment. Also I did a sniff test and couldn't smell any burning. 

​​​​​

I just want to find a second opinion test. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Hi @Tomnd

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern.

Let me help you with this by suggesting the next troubleshooting steps and see if it will work with your Sub 

1. Remove a Sub from a room in your Sonos system.
    • Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
    • From the Settings tab, tap System.
    • Under Products, tap the room you would like to remove the Sub from.
    • Tap Remove Sub.
  2. Re-add a Sub
    • Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
    • From the  Settings tab, tap System.
    • Under Products, tap the room you would like to add your Sub to.
    • Tap Add Sub.
    • Follow the prompts to add the Sub to your Sonos system.

If you still encounter the same issue, the next step is to perform the factory reset your Sub and re-add it back to your existing system. Observe the performance of your Sub. 

We don't have a tool to test the sounds of the Sonos Sub. We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide inputs about this. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. Please run a diagnostic report and reply back with the confirmation number to compare with the other diagnostic. This will allow us to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution. We'll wait for your reply.
Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.

Hi Rowena,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried removing and re-adding but had issues with it finding the system after so had to factory reset the sub.

Anyway I have it setup and did a true play tuning. I am not noticing any issues but created a diagnostic report( 413636789). If you could let me know if there is any issues with the sub, that would be great. 

Thanks Tom

Hi @Tomnd, thanks for your response and for updating us. I’m glad that your Sub is working again after the factory reset. There’s wireless interference was detected in your network but you can also find instructions on how to reduce wireless interference in our short video. Please continue to monitor your Sonos system. In any case, you run into similar issues, I would recommend contacting our phone support with your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Hi Rowena,

Thank you for looking into that for me. I'll check out the interference video.

Thanks again 

Tom

Hi @Tomnd, thanks for your response. Please keep us posted. If you run into some issues, feel free to reach back to us. 

@Tomnd If you are still interested, here is a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos test tones file. You should be able to download this onto a USB drive and plug this into your TV to play it.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/hc21uu/dolby_atmos_512_test_video_file_download_link/

@GuitarSuperstar thanks very much for this. I'll give it a go.

Cheers Tom