Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Sub “Not Connected”

Hi There,

Not sure if anyone here has this issue, I have an Arc and a Sub, the Sub constantly disappears from the app and I have to either factory reset it or reboot my router. When I reboot my router, it re-appears and works as normal and after a few hours it just disconnects again. Sometimes is gone-gone. Sometimes the app just says “Sub - Not Connected”. I had a hard time reaching support over the phone and when I finally got a hold of someone, the guy asked for my diagnostic and he said the only fix is to hardwire the Arc and the Sub directly to my router, I told him that my router is upstairs and I also have access point across the room, he then said, that is your issue, your wifi is bad and the only fix is to hardwire!!! I’m an IT guy and tried to explained him that this was not the case, I have great wifi coverage and… Sonos is all about WiFi, it is ridiculous that his fix is to hardwire the system. The arc doesn’t have any issue, I have several speakers around the house without issues, is just the SUB, but he didn’t even attempt to troubleshoot, I told him that was not a solution I would accept and asked him to transfer me with a Level II tech or a supervisor… after 30 more mins he said he couldn’t find anyone available and they are going to call me back tomorrow, I bet they won’t! Is anyone having a similar issue?

Edit:

Not sure if anyone is going to read/moderate this but here is an update…

I connected the SUB via ethernet and disabled WIFI and works flawlessly, while the ARC remained on WIFI. The moment I enabled WIFI on the SUB, it goes into the same status “Sub - Not Connected”, tried the same, factory reset, re-joining to WIFI, same status.

My guess is that the sub has a bad Wi-Fi adapter, but I am not sure how to convince support troubleshoot this with me, Sub is still under warranty but is past the 30 days return period (bought directly from SONOS) 

Moderator edit: combined posts

0 replies

Be the first to reply!