Skip to main content

Hi all,

I am a big Sonos user - several pieces - but gutted today that for some strange reason, my sub has completely ‘died’?

There is no power lights showing.  It’s clearly not showing on my system.  I have moved to different power sockets, checked the cable is properly plugged in but it simply seems to have stopped working, actually just stopped turning on?

I’ve had this sub for about 2 years, an expensive purchase to suddenly fail on its own accord.

any ideas? Am I missing something obvious….before I contact Sonos etc.

s

Sorry for a silly question, have you checked the fuse?

Hi,

Yes, one of the first things I checked.  Replaced the fuse with a new one, checked the power cable was correctly in etc.

The sub just appears to have stopped or not showing any signs of power, life or connection.

Any advice anyone?  Do they tend to ‘stop’ just like this?  Had the sub for about 3 years now.

Steve

I’ve never had either of the Subs I have just ‘stop’, and I’ve had them considerably longer than three years. 

If I were you, I would call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Yes will try that and see how it goes?  Not sure if they have ‘tools’ to resurrect a dead Sub but can only ask.

S

Hi

I assume “fuse” refers to what we in the US call a “circuit breaker”.  That said here’s another “silly” question…is the sub plugged into a power strip. If so try plugging the sub directly into the wall outlet or “main” as I believe you call it in the UK. 

Maybe @UKMedia can send me a tutorial on electrical terms used in the UK 😊

Hi

I assume “fuse” refers to what we in the US call a “circuit breaker”.  That said here’s another “silly” question…is the sub plugged into a power strip. If so try plugging the sub directly into the wall outlet or “main” as I believe you call it in the UK. 

Maybe @UKMedia can send me a tutorial on electrical terms used in the UK 😊

lol @AjTrek1 :)

All UK plugs contain a fuse, as well as having a central circuit breaker for each electrical circuit.

Hi

Maybe @UKMedia can send me a tutorial on electrical terms used in the UK 😊

lol @AjTrek1 :)

All UK plugs contain a fuse, as well as having a central circuit breaker for each electrical circuit.

@UKMedia...Thanks for the education! :)

Did you ever figure out the cause? My sub seems to have done the exact same thing and they want $400. Really disappointed