Sonos Sub Gen 3 Stopped Producing Sound

• 23 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I received my SONOS Sub Gen 3 today, I connected it successfully to my Paired Sonos 5 Gen 2 speakers and all was working great. All speakers working brilliantly and in harmony.

After an hour or so of music listening i stopped using the system. I came back to listen to some music a few hours later an no sound was coming from the SUB. I have tried all the trouble shooting like reset the network, disconnect and reconnect the speakers from/to the network, power off and powered back up etc yet SUB is still not producing sound.

This is very frustrating

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @HighlandIain, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about the issue on your Sonos Sub Gen 3. So that we can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for getting back to me. 833473324 is the confirmation number.

Also to confirm, all my speaker have been Factory Reset today and Wifi hub has also been reset today. I’m still only having the issue with the Sub.

When i Turn Sub off the Bass comes back to the Play:5 (x2 Speakers), when i turn the Sub back on the Bass is no longer on the Play:5 speakers (or is less prevalent) as expected, but there is still no sound from Sub.

Thanks

Iain

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @HighlandIain, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking,it shows that there may be Wi-Fi extenders within your network, If we can ask first your network layout or topology so we can check further and if you can try to temporarily hardwire the Sonos Sub and check if it will produce sound. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon,

i’ve been in direct contact with Sonos Support. They are sending a replacement sub.

The support assistant came on to remote session and we went through all diagnostics including turning off all wifi extenders, direct wiring the equipment etc, This did not cure the issue.

As a note from myself, all wifi enabled equipment should & must cope with wifi extenders in a household.

thanks

iain

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @HighlandIain, thanks for the update and for getting in touch with our phone support team. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.