Skip to main content

I connect my Arc and Sub Gen 3 together in the Living Room setup.Each time upon powering on and playing music,Tv etc. The sound from the Sub is not there.I need to remove Sub from Living Room and re-connect the Sub back to the Living Room and only then will the sound from the Sub be heard(Bass).Been 3 months and still same issue everytime i switch on my Sonos setup.Wifi connectivity is Ok.All is fine except this Sub issue.

Are you able to connect your Arc to your router with an ethernet cable? Can you move the Sub closer to the Arc?

Did you turn off the WiFi on the Arc? The Sub bonds to the 5Ghz signal sent by the Arc, and not your own WiFi signal, so the Arc’s WiFi must be ‘on’.

Wifi is all connected.Arc is connected thru Ethernet cable.Sub and Arc is 30cm apart only.Router is just beside Arc.So i cant see any issue with connectivity on this.I can control the Arc thru the S2 App and see the Sub but when music is playing or sound from Tv,i can only hear from Arc and Sub is not emitting any sound,until i remove from Living Room group and re-add it back to the Living Room group.

Try disconnecting the Arc from the router with the ethernet cable and see if that makes a difference.

Hi @Azy 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You mentioned that your router is right next to your Arc - this is not a good place for it as these devices will interfere with each other at close range. Please separate them by at least 1m (3 feet) and you may improve your WiFi as well as your Sub’s performance.

If you continue to have issues, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.