Sonos Screen Saver With Every Starup? Help!

• 27 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have a Sony Bravia, Arc and Directv.  Every time I start up the system, the Arc shows its screensaver on the screen through eHDMI.  By messing with the inputs, i eventually find the Directv picture, but I’m never sure how I got there.  What am I doing wrong?  Help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This is likely a setting on your Sony TV - I would check the user-manual, or maybe speak to Sony support as to choosing the desired A/V input on startup. I believe the setting varies by TV model with some simply remembering the last input at the power-off state, but as I say TV models do vary, so it’s probably a setting you need to set yourself in the TV settings.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I got my Arc a few weeks ago and it has been working with the Sony set to start up on eHDMI.  Now, the Arc seems to has trouble seeing a signal from the Directv box.  When I switch the Sony to the regular HDMI input, there is signal there from the Directv box.