Answered

Sonos room dropping

• 2 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve read all the posts on “rooms dropping”. My situation seems slightly different. I’ve never had this problem until I bought the ARC recently. I reset my SL’s and Sub and created a new room where the ARC is the master device. Everything setup and worked perfectly. It’s also connected via the HDMI/ARC connection in the TV. Now, periodically, while I’m watching a show/movie, the sound will completely cut out in that room and at the same time the TV will tell me that it just lost the source for that video/audio input. When I go to my Sonos app, it shows that the room and it’s devices are GONE….completely gone. BUT I can still see all my other rooms and their respective devices. Then, without doing anything, the “new” ARC based room will just suddenly reappear with it’s devices and the audio will continue based on the show I’m watching. Everything is connected via the Boost and my WiFi signal is very strong. 

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 9 February 2021, 20:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @chrengel.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

To better understand what’s going on, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

You may also check this article about speakers missing from the Sonos app and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.

I just had the issue occur. I e been gone a few days. 

When this happened, I generated the following diagnostic: 512480218

Then after about 5 minutes, my Downstairs room just appeared again on its own. I then generated the following diagnostic: 537294652

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @chrengel.

Thanks for your response.

On the first diagnostic report, the Arc and the bonded speakers on it are not showing on the system, then on the second diagnostic, they are already reconnected. Commonly, this can come as a result of interference and this article will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products. 

If all the suggested steps were followed and the issue persists, it would be best to reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time and expedite the process. I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case.

​If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.