Answered

Sonos Ray won't connect to xfinity xr-15

• 16 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Any advice on this? I'm trying a+d then using code 33919 but my remote is not connecting to Ray. I can use my Sonos app to control volume but I need this to work with my remote so anyone can use the remote to control volume. Any help here? 

icon

Best answer by Scottishbangher 16 March 2024, 16:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not familiar with this remote. How does it connect to your TV normally? Is it Radio Frequency (RF), InfraRed (IR) or Bluetooth (BT)? The Sonos you have can only use IR to receive commands, but it uses the same ‘code’ as your TV, and ‘learns’ the IR, rather than having its own ‘codes’. 

Thanks Bruce. I did everything I could, looked at a bunch of vids and nothing. This is a widely used remote from xfinity but nothing. Finally, in the Sonos app, I found an instruction that had me point my remote to the sound bar then toggle the vol up button 3 times, toggle vol down 3 times, the toggle mute 3 times and bam sucka! It works! Thanks for the concern, much appreciated.