Answered

Sonos RAY with Play:1

• 26 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I just purchased a RAY Soundbar. I have existing Play:1 paired on the same WIFI network. I'm looking to add surrounds to the RAY. When I try to break the stereo pair, only one speaker is shown as available to the RAY. How do I break the pair on the other speaker? Should I simply reset both speakers then connect?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 December 2022, 16:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

How do the Play:1 speakers show currently in the app?

If you have broken the stereo pair, they should show in two separate rooms, with the Ray in another room.

I’m a bit confused. Do you have one PLAY:1, or do you have two? 

The way the system is supposed to work, you can have the Ray and the PLAY;1 grouped, but not stereo paired. 

In order to use the PLAY:1 as a surround speaker, you must have a pair of them, you can’t use just one. If you do, unpair them as a stereo pair first, and they’ll end up in separate temporary rooms. Then go into the Ray’s room, and use the ‘add surrounds’ function, which will allow you to move each PLAY:1 from the temporary room to being bonded as surrounds to the Ray. 

I was able to resolve the issue. I broke the stereo pair then reset the other speaker. Both are now paired with my RAY.

Thanks.