sonos ray to philips

• 12 June 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a Sonos ray with optical output. My tv only has hdmi earc input. Where can I buy an adapter?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You might be looking at the wrong connectors: you want an output from the TV connected to the input of the Ray. Does the TV have optical out?

Almost all HDMI switches (available at Amazon, or your preferred retailer) have an optical output that you can then connect the Sonos Ray to, even before the video signal reaches the TV set. Just make sure the switch you buy does have an optical output…

However, you do lose the capability to use any ‘smart’ applications on the TV itself. It’s slightly more convoluted if you want to do that, but not impossible. 

@nik9669a thanks for your answer. the tv doesn't have an optical output, only hdmi (earc). which connector do you recommend? hopefully you can help me with this.

@Airgetlam thanks for your answer. do you have a suggestion which one to use? would be very helpful

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What Philips TV are you trying to connect?

I don’t have any suggestions, there are too many options. Find one that is available, matches your budget, and has the features you want. I don’t use one, personally.