Skip to main content

Since the upgrade to my home router I am unable to setup my playbase. All other products I have are working with no issues. I’ve logged on to my router to see if there are any duplicate IP addresses that could be causing the issue, but I found none. The articles I have read online suggests the home theatre surrounds that have been disabled (slow flashing green light) and that I need to re-enable the setting on the Sonos app. When following the instruction to set-up the home theatre, the option for me to set up the home theatre under the System option is not there.

Typical routers will only report clients when the router has assigned the address, they don’t report duplicates, the assumption being that there would be no duplicates in the DHCP assignments. Even if the router did attempt to check, a potential interfering device could be offline or slow to respond.

I suggest that you wire PLAYBASE while you get it online. Refrain from Factory Reset without further consult because this will make extra work. Powering down the surrounds and SUB (if any) until you get PLAYBASE online might help.

What about the option on the app not being there. Will it present itself once the playbase is online?

What about the option on the app not being there. Will it present itself once the playbase is online?

Yes, but also just check in the App to see if there are any Sonos updates that you may need to install as there was an update recently. 

All updates have been applied. I did that this morning. 

All updates have been applied. I did that this morning. 

I thought you couldn’t get your playbase connected to your setup🤔?

Tried the option buzz recommended, but no luck

Tried the option buzz recommended, but no luck

So your playbase does not show up in your Sonos app alongside your other speakers when you wire it to the LAN?

If the answer to the above is ‘No’, can you just confirm that you have not factory reset any of your Sonos devices? 

What do you see in your Sonos App, are your playlists/favourites/music services still all present and working okay?

What is the status LED showing on your Playbase?

That done it…..plugged the playbase into the network adapter and the app picked it up straight away.

thanks for your help

That done it…..plugged the playbase into the network adapter and the app picked it up straight away.

thanks for your help

The next step is to add your new WiFi credentials to the Playbase - see this support link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

Use the ‘Update Networks’ feature in the Sonos App - "Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks”.. simply follow the onscreen instructions to add the new network credentials (SSID/Password) to the playbase. Note the credentials are cASe SenSiTivE.